Monday, September 27, 2004

No More Apologies!

Okay, so I hit a breaking point today.

I'm not all too sure what the straw was, or why the camel was even in the picture in the first place—much less why the poor dromidary hadn't been drinking enough milk or other calcium-rich foods (mmmm.... Spinach! Spinach, eh? That could totally start me going down a tangent about photosynthesis-powered solar cells created at MIT this week.... but I'll save that for later, maybe?). All I know is that after I had finished my stint at the gym & was walking over to one of the many bus terminals that I loiter around, I had an epiphany and it went something like this:


Y'know what? I'm sick and tired of apologising for my Christianity! I mean, people around me talk about how their minds are constantly filled with poetry or music or visual images, and all my mind is filled with is thoughts of Christ. I know that I've been beaten up, spat upon & even socially ostracized by other Christians because of the fervor within me to live & breathe & even ultimately die for Christ. And you know what, Mr. Lucid Elusion? Eff it all!

Screw the lame-ohs who can't handle my obsession with Christ. People talk about intolerance, how it's evil and how everybody should accept everyone else for who they are & what they believe. Well I'll give that postulate a run for its money again. I'm tired of hiding who I am & what drives me because it "offends" some people out there. Tough. I have become worn out in being a closet Christian. Jesus has freaking battered so many holes in that closet door that it was really only a matter of time before he busted loose. If people are going to condemn me for Christianity, then it makes me glad that they are condemning me for that & not something else.

I'm a Christian. I love Jesus, the Father & the Holy Spirit with all of my being. You can't stop me. You won't be able to shut me up about it either. It is fundamentally me. It is my very essence. You'd have to remove every fluid from my body to stop me from proclaiming the Lordship of Christ! Does that mean that I'm going to ram Christ down your throat? Not a chance. In loving Christ, I am compelled to love you as well. I am compelled, furthermore, to love you with the love Christ has given me. Will I be intolerant? Not a chance: my place is not to judge or condemn; that is Christ's job. On the contrary, I will love you to the point of death & then some because I love Christ. That is my aim. That is my goal. That is the reason why I live: to glorify the Father in both word & deed. But to do so in broad daylight. I am a Christian & ain't nobody goin' to shut me up about it either. You don't like it? You don't like the fact that every hour of every day I have worship songs running through my head? You don't like knowing that the most important things to me are my Bible & my prayer time? You don't like the fact that I would give up my personal well-being & personal gain to help the hurting person on the side of the road out of joy because Christ dwells withing me & I can't help but do it? You don't like the fact that I will always love Jesus more than any person on this planet, whether they be my parents, my siblings, my children or my spouse? Well, t.s.!

I am Christ's & no one else's. Not even my own. If that offends you, suck it up, for I won't back down. I'm tired of apologising & cringing and lowering my head in "shame" because I belong to a dood who rose from the dead almost 2000 years ago. So what if it is socially unacceptable to belong to this guy? I am his & will always be. Live with it. Better yet—join me: such a life leads to insurmountable adventure!


1 comment:

Jacob said...

"the reason why I live: to glorify the Father in both word & deed"
"the most important things to me are my Bible & my prayer time"
"I will always love Jesus more than any person on this planet"
I love it when you talk like that, Lucy. Not that I can't find other people who will make claims like these, but you are one of the few whom I believe. And it's very exciting. I like it, I truely do. I like what you're saying and where you're headed, and I'm glad to be along for the ride. I cannot make these claims myself, but I hope to some day. I want to love God the way you do. Go hard bro.