Saturday, August 14, 2004

Psalm

Jesus Christ, ruler of the nations,
ruler of the mightiest stronghold, ruler of the lowliest creature,
I proclaim your majesty.
Be lifted up in praise & adoration, my King,
for you are too good
to be adequately spoken of in any man's speech.
I call out to you in submission and in thanksgiving.
I will ever praise your name & speak of your glorious presence.
My soul within me longs to see your face, to experience the fullness of your glory,
to share in the greatness of your joy.
It is you who heals the weak, you who raises the lowly,
you who shelters those in a desolate wasteland.
Because of you, all of creation does sing. Because of you, I am made fit to be in your presence;
I can stand in the courtyard of my king with no fear.
My soul bursts forth within me, shouting out the greatness of my Lord.
My song I sing is new to my lips, yet it has been sung for generations.
For generations have your people extolled the king of kings
because of your endless, boundless mercy & love.
Faithful is your name; longsuffering is your nature.
You care for the weakest, lowest creature & it is you who brings the broken close.
You clothe the empty with righteousness & laughter fills the hearts of your children: their hearts ring forth in celebration of the goodness of their Father.
In my hands, I hold that which I cannot keep.
In your hands I rest, for no one can be taken from your grip.
As the birds break forth in jubilant melody at the rising of the sun, so my soul within me sings your praise.
Though clouds may come and the wind may whip, my song will ever be sung before you.
My heart will not be dampened, my soul will not be silent before the Lord, my saviour and king.

No comments: